Governor Mission Statement 2018-19
The Governing Body of Asquith Primary School aims to support the ethos of the school in providing a safe environment where achievement is high and every child is able to develop and thrive within a supportive atmosphere.
We will achieve this through both an active involvement in the daily life of the school, where appropriate, and by working closely with the school’s senior leadership team:
- To set the strategic direction and appropriately challenging aims and objectives and support school leaders in achieving them through the establishment of the school Development Plan and careful monitoring of its implementation.
- To agree policies, priorities and performance targets in order to achieve these objectives.
- To receive evidence that these objectives are being achieved and challenge leaders where appropriate.
- To ensure that the school sets and works within a sensible financial plan.
- To ensure that all relevant statutory requirements are met.
The Governing Body will always act in the best interests of the school and its pupils. We will be prepared to explain clearly our decisions in an open and transparent way to staff, parents, pupils and others in the wider community and listen to their views.
We will be united in a common vision for the school shared by the Head Teacher in promoting the highest possible academic standards.
The Governors will act as a corporate body with integrity, objectivity and honesty in the best interests of the school and its pupils.